Gutter Helmet is a solid aluminum panel that covers the entire gutter. Gutter Helmet can be installed on existing metal gutters or new gutters. Gutter Helmet has a patented, extruded aluminum bracket that goes under the second row of shingles and screws into the outer lip of the gutter. Installation differs with a metal roof. The Gutter Helmet panel installs under the second course of shingles and snaps into the front of the bracket, holding it securely in high winds. It is easy to see how Gutter Helmet keeps leaves, pine needles, and other debris out of the gutter. The solid panel means no screen or mesh that consumers would need to clean out on a regular basis. The most common question is, “How does the water get in”? Surface tension is the answer. Surface tension is the basic physics of water. Water follows and sticks to a surface. Gutter Helmet received its first patent in 1981, establishing them as the pioneer of gutter protection. Having been around for that period of time, they have most certainly improved the product in several, patented ways. They focused mainly on slowing water down so that it can handle large amounts of water at once. Gutter Helmet has been tested and proven to handle over 22 inches of water per hour without shooting over the nose. Gutter Helmet is also backed by a Triple Lifetime Warranty that covers material, performance and is transferable to the next homeowner.
Here at Gutter Helmet®, we’ve worked hard to come up with an innovative product that filters rainwater through your gutter protection system while still keeping the debris and gunk from clogging up your gutters. Our patented system is one of the best gutter protection systems offered to consumers, and works by utilizing the concepts of surface tension and gravity. With a Gutter Helmet system, we guarantee you won’t be spending your weekend cleaning out your gutters.
1. Gutter Helmet is the pioneer in gutter protection systems. Gutter Helmet has acquired 7 patents since 1981. No other gutter protection can copy Gutter Helmet’s performance and design.
2. Other systems use screens or mesh to keep debris from entering the gutter. Even though it may keep leaves out of the gutters, the screen or mesh plugs with tree sap, pine needles, grit and dirt. The screen is harder to clean than the gutter, making it a useless choice.
3. Some systems use a channel with holes on top to catch the water. The holes may plug up making them useless or forcing you to get on a ladder to clean them.
4. These poor, ineffective products often give “Gutter Protection” a bad name. Homeowners often are so disappointed in these cheap copies that they will say, “these products don’t work!”. NOT SO WITH GUTTER HELMET!
5. Gutter Helmet has been in business for over 39 years and now has over 110 dealers across the nation. They have combined to seek and install over 80 million feet on approximately one million homes nationwide. Also, Gutter Helmet is proudly made here in the USA!
6. Gutter Helmet is a solid aluminum panel and has a rounded nose-forward design that extrudes beyond the gutter. Leaves, pine needles and other debris fall to the ground while the water goes around the nose and into the gutter.
7. Gutter Helmet is the only product that can say, “NEVER CLEAN YOUR GUTTERS AGAIN”. Gutter Helmet backs it’s claim with a foolproof Triple Lifetime Warranty which covers material, performance and is transferable to the next homeowner.